Capital Link’s Decarbonization in Shipping Forum will take place on Wednesday & Thursday, April 14 & 15, 2021 from 8:30am – 3:30pm GMT as a digital event.
Decarbonization is the next frontier for the industry to conquer adhering to specific objectives and timeframes. Despite the fact that the industry has to achieve specific emission reduction objectives within defined timeframes, there is significant uncertainty across the board.
This two-day event held in digital format aims to combine two main features providing a forum true to the goal of “Moving from Discussion to Delivery”. The agenda topics are carefully designed and selected by the Steering Committee comprised of leading experts in the Maritime Industry.
Day 1 – April 14, 2021
- The Roadmap to Zero – Moving from Discussion to Delivery
- Setting the Stage – The Shipowners’ Perspective – Where We Are Today – How to Move Forward
- Policy Making & The Regulatory Decarbonization Roadmap for Shipping – Regulator, Industry & Stakeholder Involvement – Global & Regional Issues
- Meeting the IMO 2030 Decarbonization Goals – Achieving EEXI & CII Compliance – Options & Strategies for The Existing Fleet – Managing Sectoral Needs Towards A Common Objective (Containers – Dry Bulk – Tankers – Gas – Passenger)
- Energy Efficient Technologies – Improving Fleet Performance
- Is LNG An Intermediate or A Long-Term Option? What About LPG?
Partnerships, Alliances & Industry Initiatives – Fostering Collaboration Among Stakeholders
Day 2 – April 15, 2021
- Keynote Remarks by Dr. Martin Stopford
- Designing Ships of The Future – Fuels – Engines – Hull/Ship Design & Technology
- Looking Ahead To 2050 – Zero Emission Alternative Energy Fuels: Ammonia – Hydrogen – Methanol – Biofuels
- Port Infrastructure, Logistics & Supply Chain Preparedness
- Looking Ahead To 2050 – Alternative Propulsion Systems – Beyond the Internal Combustion Engine – Wind – Batteries – Nuclear – Fuel Cells
- The Transition to Decarbonization – Who Will Foot The Bill?
Looking Ahead – The Shipowner’s Perspective – What Does It Take to Reach Zero
- Sanne Henriksen, Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager – A.P. Møller – Maersk
- Berit Hinnemann, Senior Innovation Project Manager – Decarbonization – A.P. Møller Maersk
- Vassilis Georgiou, CEO – Advent Technologies
- Peter Liew, Global Director, Business Development & Joint Venture Management – AET Tankers Pte Ltd.
- Kim Diederichsen, CEO – Anemoi Marine
- Mark Cameron, Chief Operating Officer – Ardmore
- Tom Strang, Senior Vice President, Maritime Affairs – Carnival Corporation
- Michael Parker, Chairman, Global Shipping Logistics & Offshore – Citi
- Hayato Suga, Corporate Officer – ClassNK
- John Keough, Partner – Clyde & Co.
- Mark O’Neil, President – Columbia Shipmanagement
- Mikal Boe, CEO – Core Power
- Geir Bjørkeli, CEO – Corvus Energy
- Knut Ørbeck – Nilssen, CEO – DNV Maritime
- Christos Chryssakis, Business Development Manager – DNV
- John Hadjipateras,CEO – Dorian LPG
- Julian Proctor, Managing Director – EnTrust
- Magda Kopczynska, Director for Innovative & Sustainable Mobility – European Commission, Directorate General for Mobility and Transport
- Jens Ismar, Executive Director – EXMAR
- Jose Matheickal, Chief of the Department of Partnerships and Projects – Global Industry Alliance, International Maritime (IMO)
- Dimitrios Fafalios, Chairman – INTERCARGO; President / Director – Fafalios Shipping
- Paolo Enoizi, Chief Operating Officer – GasLog Ltd.
- Jesse Fahnestock, Project Director, Getting to zero Coalition – Global Maritime Forum
- Mikael Skov, Chief Executive Officer – Hafnia
- Esben Poulsson, Chairman – International Chamber of Shipping; Executive Chairman – Enesel PTE. Ltd
- Guy Platten, Secretary General – International Chamber of Shipping (ICS)
- Simon Bennett, Deputy Secretary General – International Chamber of Shipping (ICS)
- Lois Zabrocky, Chief Executive Officer – International Seaways
- Andrew McKeran, LR Maritime Performance Services Director – Lloyd’s Register
- Charles Haskell, Program Manager – Lloyds Register Decarbonization Hub
- Bo-Cerup Simonsen, Chief Executive Officer – Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller Center (TBC)
- Tommy Thomassen, Vice President – Maersk Tankers
- Richard Gilmore, Executive Vice President – Maran Gas Maritime
- Quah Ley Hoon, CEO – Maritime & Port Authority (MPA)
- Charles (Bud) Darr, Executive Vice President, Maritime Policy and Government Affairs – MSC Group
- Allard Castelein, President & CEO (Port Authority) – Port of Rotterdam
- Ioanna Prokopiou, Chief Executive Officer – Prominence Maritime / Dynacom
- Spyridon Zolotas, Marine Southern Europe & Africa Area, Senior Director – RINA
- Loukas Barmparis, President – Safe Bulkers
- Grahaeme Henderson OBE, Senior Vice President, Shipping & Maritime – Shell International Trading and Shipping Company Limited
- Steve Brown, HSSE Manager – Shell
- Caroline Yang, President – Singapore Shipowner Association (SSA)
- Hamish Norton, President – Star Bulk Carriers Corp.
- Charis Plakantonaki, Chief Strategy Officer – Star Bulk Carriers Corp.
- Erik Hanell, Chief Executive Officer – Stena Bulk
- Nikolas P. Tsakos, Founder and Chief Executive Officer – TEN LTD
- Jacob Meldgaard, Chief Executive Officer / Director – TORM A/S
- Lasse Kristoffersen, Chief Executive Officer – Torvald Klaveness
- Rasmus Back Nielsen, Global Head of Fuel Decarbonization – Trafigura
- William Fairclough, Chief Executive Officer – Wah Kwong Maritime Holdings
- George Paleokrassas, Partner – Watson Farley & Williams
- Mr. Per Brinchmann, Vice President, Special Projects – Wilh. Wilhelmsen Holding
The value added and difference of our forum is based on:
a) Featuring discussion/debate among all major stakeholders – with heavy emphasis on shipowner engagement;
b) Providing a realistic assessment of where the industry is now, what needs to be done and come up with practical suggestions as to the next steps for all stakeholders.
Bringing together decision-makers, stakeholders, and movers and shakers across the maritime industry, this is a must attend event and one not to miss.
Take part in the conversation and gain the knowledge to move from discussion to delivery to reach net-zero.