ClassNK has granted its Innovation Endorsement for Products & Solutions to a cloud service called J-Marine Cloud developed by Japan Radio Co., Ltd. (JRC).
J-Marine Cloud uses a common platform to collect various types of information, including meteorological and oceanographic information and AIS information.
Various data such as voyage data, route plans, and navigational equipment status are also collected on a common platform via JRC’s VDR (Voyage Data Recorder), J-Marine NeCST, and other shipboard equipment. These data can be combined to provide advanced vessel management and operational support solutions for onshore fleet managers.
J-Marine Cloud also provides a variety of services to vessels, such as meteorological and oceanographic information services and optimal route support services, to boost on-board decision-making capabilities of vessels.
Prior to awarding certification ClassNK has verified the functions of J-Marine Cloud as follows:
• The ship’s data communication service between shipboard navigation equipment and the cloud
• The support service for onshore ship managers to realize status monitoring and accident analysis with the cloud data
• The support service provides crews with means of communication to onshore ship managers and supporting information about vessel operations
• The ship’s status notification service via smart devices
• the remote maintenance service to maintain the quality of shipboard navigation equipment via the cloud without visiting of engineers.
ClassNK says it will continue to further promote its Innovation Endorsement for Ships, Products & Solutions, and Providers, and strive to support innovative technologies and initiatives.