ClassNK has granted its Innovation Endorsement for Products & Solutions to Inmarsat’s Fleet Secure Endpoint, cybersecurity service for ships.
Fleet Secure Endpoint is part of Inmarsat’s Fleet Secure suite of vessel network protection solution, developed in partnership with Port-IT. It has functions such as anti-virus, firewall and malware detection, and enables users of the collection, analysis, and sharing of threat information. Fleet Secure Endpoint also provides protection against vulnerabilities on devices and networks that may occur onboard.
On receiving the application from JSAT MOBILE Communications Inc., a joint venture by Inmarsat and other partners, ClassNK has verified the following functions of Fleet Secure Endpoint before issuing its certificate:
– Continuous network scan for new devices
– Support for cybersecurity risk assessments
– The asset inventory management of computers on the ship network
– Protection of the ship network from cyber threats
– Prevention of access to malicious websites, 6. Control of incoming and outgoing traffic with the two-way firewall
– The training modules
– Monitoring of security threats 24/7 and alerts upon detection
– Alerts for real time response to cyber threats, 10. Removal of the cyber threat and recovery of the ship network using software
– Proposal of improvement plans for the cybersecurity, and issued a certificate to the company.